Sunday, July 19, 2015

Three Reasons I Loved the "Insurgent" Movie More Than the Book



I went to see "Insurgent" with my daughter and a friend at the theatre a while back.  It was mere days after finishing the book, so of course I couldn't help compare the two.  Here are some of my thoughts!

1.  There was a LOT they changed from the book!

And I didn't hate it!  In fact, a lot of the changes seemed to make the story stronger.  The plot certainly made more sense to me in the movie version.  Many times while reading the book, I felt so confused.  I even asked my daughter afterwards if she understood everything that went on in the movie, thinking it might have been a bit over her head, and she said, "Yeah, pretty much!"  (She's ten and hasn't read the books.)

2.  The movie had a lot more action!

And that was definitely a good thing!!!  I felt the book dragged in a lot of places while the movie did not.  For example, I really enjoyed the train scene, which was something that the movie folks totally added in.  It was awesome!  Tris and Four kicking some ass, and even Caleb getting a little action - why wasn't that in the book?  Scenes like that would have only made the book better, in my honest opinion.

3.  Miles Teller.  'Nuff said!

He did an incredible job as Peter!  He had the best one-liners, and he totally stole whatever scene he was in.  My daughter at one point during the movie said, "I don't know whether I love him or hate him!"  Exactly!  He's the one you love to hate!



And that, in a nutshell, sums up my thoughts on movie "Insurgent" vs. book "Insurgent". How about you?  Have you read the book and/or seen the movie?  I'd love to hear your thoughts and comparisons!  Come on, don't be shy, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to reply.  Hey, look at that!  I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment