Sunday, January 11, 2015

Review: "Rush" by Violet Vaughn


Zero to sixty in one second… Olympic hopeful Gretchen Nickelson doesn’t do love. Men exist for sex and a good time. Snowboarding is her main priority and a clingy boyfriend will only get between her and a spot on the Olympic team. Dark and dangerous Derrick Hamilton is all for the physical approach. His carefully guarded heart likes it hard and fast. Meeting an adrenaline junkie like Gretchen suits his sexual needs just fine. But when a steamy relationship races out of control toward love, tragedy is inevitable, and hearts aren’t the only collateral. Their accidental love threatens Gretchen’s chance for gold. Can they survive the destruction that changes everything?


Thank you to Netgalley and Victory Editing for allowing me to read and review an advance copy of this book.

I'm sorry, but I found this book to be just ridiculous!  It is so bad it's laughable!  But just because I don't like it doesn't mean you won't like it.  For example, if you enjoy books where the main character constantly has moisture pooling between her legs, sometimes from just a look from the love interest, then this is the book for you.  If you love it when authors overuse words like "core" - seriously, that word is used twenty two times in this book, and Gretchen's core is always twitching and flexing! - then by all means, rush to pick up "Rush"!  If you like the idea of insta-lust developing between two characters while they're trying to revive a dead man, if that sounds even remotely plausible to you and you can read it with a straight face, then "Rush" is your next favourite book.  

I was hoping when I requested this book that I would find a diamond in the rough.  I liked the premise of a tough, independent, serious female athlete being the main character.  Although Gretchen does display these qualities some of the time, she alone was not enough to keep me reading this book.  In the 90 pages of this book I read, I did not find anything remotely romantic or sexy.  Almost everything out of Derrick's mouth made me cringe or gag, if not laugh out loud.  And Gretchen was not much better with her flexing, twitching core and her gushing girly parts!  This book was definitely not for me, and sadly this will be my last read from Violet Vaughn.

My Rating: 1 star

No comments:

Post a Comment