Friday, September 26, 2014

Review: "Tempting A Sinner" by Kate Pearce


Known only to a select few, these inscrutable men are bound by dangerous desires and enigmatic pasts. They are the Sinners Club. . . Cold Calculation Within the circles of British intelligence, Benedict, Lord Keyes, is known for his cold brilliance and strict military demeanor. Yet this icy exterior masks a man of smoldering passion and scorching sexuality who will do anything to keep his past a secret. . . Sultry Satisfaction Miss Malinda Keyes refuses to be intimidated by Lord Keyes. In fact, she enjoys a good battle, especially one of erotic wiles and carnal cunning. Determined to expose his lordship's past, she will use every wanton weapon in her arsenal to tease and tempt this sinner into the ultimate sensual surrender. . .





Thank you to Netgalley and Kensington Books for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this book.

This is the second book I've read in the "The Sinners Club" series, and while I really enjoy Kate Pearce's setting  and writing, I do have to admit I had a hard time slogging through this particular title.  I didn't feel any real involvement with Malinda or Benedict's characters.  Maybe they weren't developed enough for me to really connect with either of them.  While the erotic parts of the story were certainly steamy, the characters didn't really convey much emotion.  And the steamy parts that were present were interspersed with a whole lot of plot that didn't much interest me.  There's a bit of mystery surrounding the death of Malinda's father and the involvement of Benedict's father in his murder, but I found I just didn't care about this aspect of the plot.  I would have liked to see a bit more about the actual Sinners Club, its background and the events that occur on the second floor.  Unfortunately, the Sinners took a backseat to the rest of the plot, which was a disappointment to me.

Still, despite the problems I had with "Tempting A Sinner", this series continues to intrigue me, enough so that I would not hesitate to pick up the third installment, "Mastering a Sinner".  I'm quite curious to see what else Pearce can do with the world surrounding the Sinners Club!

My rating:
  



No comments:

Post a Comment