Sunday, June 15, 2014

Review: "S.E.C.R.E.T. Revealed" by L. Marie Adeline


SECRET Revealed bares all--the final book in the hot bestselling series. The only thing that Cassie Robichaud has ever really wanted is Will Foret, the love of her life. But when Will discovers that Cassie is part of S.E.C.R.E.T., an underground group devoted to helping women experience their deepest sexual fantasies, Will breaks it off. Heartbroken, Cassie dries her tears and devotes herself to helping the latest S.E.C.R.E.T. recruit, Solange Faraday. Cassie also reignites her relationship with sexy bad-boy Jesse, even if he can never love her as deeply as Will did. Meanwhile, beautiful, brilliant Solange, a local news anchor and divorced mom, has a great career but a wilting love life. She rekindles long-lost passions, going deeper and hotter than any other S.E.C.R.E.T. candidate before her. Will she find what her heart most desires? And when Will realizes he's made a tragic mistake, will Cassie be able to forgive him? In the end, as both women blossom as sexual beings, they also discover that ecstasy and true love are closer than they ever imagined. SECRET Revealed is the explosive, sensual and sexually-charged finale to the bestselling S.E.C.R.E.T. trilogy.
My thanks to Netgalley and Crown Publishing for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this book.

I really like this series!  I know the whole premise is a bit far fetched, but if you can suspend your disbelief a bit and just go with it, you'll probably really enjoy it too.

We've already met Cassie Robichaud in the first two books of the series, but now her story continues from where she and Will had a falling out.  Now she's stuck opening a restaurant with him, knowing he's the man of her dreams and that she can't be with him.  Brutal!  So she casually hooks back up with Jesse, another recurring character, and honestly, I couldn't understand why Cassie would be pining over Will when she could have Jesse - yum!  But that's just my opinion.

Solange Faraday is the other narrator of this story, and although I liked her, I couldn't really relate to her on any level - she's just so different from me!  That's not to say I didn't enjoy observing her foray into the world of S.E.C.R.E.T., because I definitely did!  Solange is deemed to be S.E.C.R.E.T.'s last client, so the organization pulls out all the stops - there are plenty of steamy fantasies acted out, sometimes starring Solange and other times with members of the organization in preparation/training for Solange's fantasies.  Eventually, some jealousy comes into play, and I really loved that aspect of the story.

My one complaint is the ending.  Don't worry, I won't give anything away.  It's just that I didn't buy into one of the character's actions - it resolved everything a little too neatly and quickly.

My rating: 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment